Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday...

In general, this term is used for the Friday after Thanksgiving-the first big shopping day that retailers really slash prices to draw consumers in.

I assume that the "black" means that at the end of the year, the retailers will be turning a profit, not a loss - ergo in their bottom line is in the "black."

It's not Black Friday for me for that reason.....

It is Black Friday for me because for some reason, more than any other day of the year, I need a cup of hot, strong, BLACK coffee.

Maybe it is because I am still in a tryptophan stupor from the enormous amount of Turkey I ate the day before. Maybe I am suffering a sugar crash from all the pumpkin pie. Maybe, just maybe, it is a coping mechanism to prepare me for the long holiday season ahead.

No comments: