Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Coffe and Technology

As I am sitting here typing this post, I am also sitting in a hot coffee spot.

Who would have thought that coffee and computers would one day go hand in hand? Almost every brew station I enter has some sort or wi-fi connectivity going on. At first I was opposed to the idea, but I must admit, as time has gone on, I have become a fan.

For some reason, even out in public places, it is getting more difficult to connect with people face to face. People are busy, preoccupied, or just plain not interested in building relationships. B3eing online seems to help reduce the awkwardness of sitting alone at a table. It also creates a sense of connection to others.

How ironic that cyberspace connection - global and anonymous, has replaced the face to face interaction in the neighborhood caffeine filling stations!

3 comments:

Lylah Ledner said...

taking a quick peek over - i know now why i was drawn to you - God & coffee!

thanks for the very sweet comment about baby Roman...the wide eyed expression...i love that!

blessings on you...and one day we'll meet half way and drink some java.

Swubird said...

Coffee is one of those things that you really don't appreciate until you can't drink it anymore. I know. I was a big coffee lover.

Even as kids we drank coffee. Then in the military, of course, coffee was our life blood. Later on in years, however, the old stomach said no more! So that was it. Now all I can do is sit back and watch others enjoying my favorite drink. But I can still smell the delicious aroma wafting through the air reminding me of the old days.

Nice post.

I write short stories about my jumbled life, and I'm always on the look out for new friends. Stop by and let's see if we have a connection. If so, we can exchange links.

Until then...

Happy trails.

Arika said...

It's sad that people feel they need to be doing something when alone in public to ease the social awkwardness and that no one seems to connect with one an another outside of the internet.