Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Fresh Cup

My routine has changed just a bit....

I started a part-time job so my morning coffee stop has been moved to an afternoon, after work coffee stop.

In the morning I see the same old crowd - the regulars - my fellow coffee connoisseurs shuffling in to the store and up to the counter to purchase their cup of caramel colored sunshine. So, this afternoon while I was enjoying my bagel and p.m. coffee, I was able to see my favorite coffee joint from the afternoon perspective.

Sitting next to me was a man I had never seen before. The manager (with whom I am on a first name basis) introduced me to him. He was a very nice man. He had a wonderfully positive attitude and seemed genuinely interested in who I was and what I was doing. He was cheerful, and full of conversation. He was also physically challenged.

Now I don't know what the nature of his challenges were, but I could tell that whatever it was, didn't hold him back. I was so inspired by him. I also thought about challenges that I may face in any given day from a different view. I realized that a lot of them are challenges I make for myself. Regardless of where they are from, it is up to me to rise above them and do it with a positive and joyful attitude.

Now don't get me wrong...I love the morning crowd; the same old brew - I mean crew. But sometimes, it is nice to mix it up and try a fresh cup!

No comments: