Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh For Shame

I has been several days since I last posted at Chat and Brew. It is not that I have nothing to say about my favorite coffee joint. Nor is it that I have lost my passion for my cup o' joe in the morning. I have been MIA because of....well.....shame. I have been unfaithful to my beloved coffee confidante.

Like so many others, my attentions have been captured by an alluring and seductive suitor. It flirted. It persisted. It distracted me with it's captivating appearance. This cunning courter that I write of ensnared me with the tantalizing and all powerful proposal of a free cup of coffee. In my weakness, I succumbed to it's advances.

It was good; a delicious and bold brew donning a beautiful blue and white accouterments. Steamy and hot, it enticed me with an aroma that was robust and unyielding. I drank it, for that moment, unabashedly.

However, at the next break of dawn, a wave of contrition engulfed me as I realized what I had done. My heart sank as I thought of the joy that my coffee spot had brought me and how flippantly I had betrayed it. I vowed that morning that my a.m. cup would fill from no other font than it.

Shall I encounter this suitor again? Perhaps. Will I fall prey to it's diabolical plan to lure me from my one true coffee love? I pray not.

With a firm will and a steadfast heart I will do my best to stay true to my coffee house.

(Recap: I had a free cup of coffee somewhere else and felt bad about it.)

No comments: