Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Morning Coffee

I get my coffee everyday. But Sundays are special.

Sunday mornings are special for a few different reasons. First, it is the one morning of the week that my family has breakfast together. We eat, read the paper and share a meal of bagels, sweets and coffee. Secondly, it is the one morning of the week that no one is rushing to get out the door early for school or work or getting up at the crack of dawn to go to work out. Lastly, it is the morning that I take about an hour to myself to just chill at my coffee spot.

I have a different routine on Sunday mornings than I have for every other day of the week. I get up and and ready for the day before the rest of the family gets up. I am out the door and on my way to the coffee house before they are stirring. When I get to my caffeine palace, I find my usual table, to the right of the soda machine, plop down my refill mug and magazine, and then go and get in line to order. On this day, I order not only my brew, but also bagels and sweet treats to take home to the family. I order two refill cups o' joe - one for me and one for my husband.

Instead of heading right home, I spend sometime with me, myself, and I. I open my magazine. In the quietness of the Sunday morning landscape of my coffee spot, I can read, think, and relax in preparation for the upcoming week.

Once I have had my chill time, I head back home to my family. I put out the bagels and sweets, and we enjoy our Sunday morning breakfast. Each one of us benefits from my coffee spot on Sunday morning. I get my time to recharge myself for the week ahead, and my family gets not only bagels and sweets, but also a better adjusted mom and wife.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog!!!!
Stopping by to say Hello and to show my appearance. I hate when you have viewers and they dont take the time to say HI!!
Keep up the good work.

Angie Mozilo said...

Thank you Deanna...I recognize your pic from twitter. Thanks for visiting.

joan said...

Hi there Angie! Interesting blog. You made me want to have a coffee palace of my own....but then I would have to get up earlier on Sunday. Sooo yada yada.

See you later on wordscraper.